Hospice care is a special care that prioritizes the patient’s comfort and quality of life more than anything else. Hospice care prioritizes comfort because usually, the patients in hospice are those who are suffering from a terminal illness. Terminally ill patients will have more opportunities to spend time with their friends and loved ones with the help of hospice, allowing them to enjoy their remaining months or days with comfort, enjoyment, and fulfillment.
If you do not know when to consider hospice care for your loved one, we can help you. As a high-quality promoter of elderly care, we will be more than happy to share with you some of the most common signs that it may be time for hospice care:
- Despite extensive medical treatment, your loved one’s health has drastically deteriorated during the last six months.
- Your loved one is beginning to have difficulties in accomplishing their daily tasks and routines.
- Your loved one is starting to experience shortness of breath, nausea, uncontrolled pain, vomiting, and frequent infections.
- Your loved one decides to prioritize their quality of life over curative treatment, which is no longer effective.
- Your loved one suffers from mental health issues, such as mental confusion, withdrawal, and more.
If you are looking for a friendly and compassionate caregiver in Maryland for your senior loved one, you have come to the right place.
SERENITY ESTATE HOME CARE is a high-quality provider of home health care in Bethesda, Maryland. We are here to help make your senior loved one’s life easier at home.
If your loved one wants to consider personal care services today, please do not hesitate to contact us at 202-813-6828.